1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/4 heaping cup maple syrup
3/4 cup pumpkin purée
3 flax eggs (3 tablespoons of flaxseed plus 9 tablespoons of water, stir and let sit for five minutes)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used a bourbon vanilla)
1 cup and 1 tablespoon almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
4 tablespoons unflavored collagen powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (save to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a bread pan with parchment paper
- Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract with a mixer until combined
- Add in the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, collagen peptides, baking powder, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and mix until well combined and no chunks!
- Fold in dark chocolate then pour mixture into bread pan
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until firm to touch and the edges are starting to brown. Use a toothpick to test and make sure it comes out clean!
- Remove the loaf using the parchment paper and place the whole thing on a filling rack.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week!
I eat this for breakfast, a midday snack or dessert! Great to take on the go and eat before a workout!
For breakfast, heat it up for 15-30 seconds in the microwave and slather some almond or cashew butter on top.