Need a healthy snack? I’ve tried making many combinations of homemade trail mix and this one is my favorite! Packed with nutrients and superfood goodness, this is a trail mix you will want to have everywhere you go. It is paleo-friendly and has the perfect amount of sweetness to curb your sugar cravings.Print
- Raw or roasted, unsalted pistachio nutmeats halves & pieces (Trader Joe’s brand is my preference)
- Raw cashew pieces (Trader Joe’s brand is my preference)
- Unsalted, dry toasted slivered almonds (Trader Joe’s brand is my preference)
- Roasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds (Trader Joe’s brand is my preference)
- Navitas Organics Cacao Nibs
- Navitas Organics Goji Berries
- Navitas Organics Mulberries
Pour roughly half of each package of nuts (pistachios, cashews and slivered almonds) into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Then add a handful of pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, goji berries and mulberries. You might need to break up the goji berries and mulberries as they stick together sometimes.
Mix with a spoon and then try a handful. I believe the perfect trail mix ultimately needs the perfect ratio of ingredients however, it is based on each individual’s preferences. I suggest trying a handful then adding in more of any ingredient you want to taste more of in each handful. Keep trying it until the final handful has the perfect ratio of ingredients.
Using a large serving spoon or a ½ cup measuring cup, portion out the trail mix into 3-4 snack sized food storage bags.
I like to have two bags in my desk drawer at work, one bag in my purse and one bag in my backpack at all times. You never know when you might need a little pick-me-up!
If you feel like you need it to be a little salty then I recommend purchasing the lightly salted version of one or two of the nuts.
Keywords: trail mix, paleo, superfood