- One scoop of plant based protein powder (my favorites are always chocolate and either Garden of Life Raw Chocolate Plant Protein Powder or Garden of Life Raw Fit Protein Powder)
- One scoop of unflavored Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Handful of baby kale
- 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds (I buy these at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts (I buy these at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds (I buy these at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 heaping spoonful of raw, unsalted almond butter and cashew butter (feel free to switch these up to whatever you like best!)
- Two large handful of berries or fruit of your choice (fresh or frozen is fine, my favorites are strawberries and mixed berries)
- 2–6 ice cubes (2 if you use frozen fruit and 6 if you don’t use any frozen fruit)
- 2–4 cups of unsweetened plant based, non-dairy beverage (depends on how big your smoothie is – I use Unsweetened Almond Milk)
- Dash of cinnamon
Blend for about 1 minute using the blender of your choice (I saved up and bought this Vitamix for myself last year and it is life changing!). If you have a Vitamix, press the smoothie preset button and you are all set to go! I also have this Nutribullet Pro 900 which it great for a “to-go” shake. I recommend always using the larger oz. cup if you own and use a single serving smoothie blender.
You will hear me mention often that berries can stain your teeth, so I always use these reusable silicone straws when drinking smoothies.
This usually makes around two full glasses! If I’m in a rush and don’t have time to make anything else for breakfast, then I drink the entire thing for a filling, satisfying breakfast. If I make something else on the side, my husband gets a glass too :).
shop for these products below!
Trader Joe’s Products – I recommend purchasing them in-store as they are less expensive than purchasing them through Amazon!